Get FREE standard shipping on all orders
Extended Return Period (Until January 31st)
EXTEND PROTECTION PLANS
Lorex has partnered with Extend to provide simple protection plans so your security products are covered, even after our standard warranty expires. Get peace of mind when you add an Extend protection plan to your purchase during checkout and protect the products you love.
Why should I add Extend protection?
Forget the frustrating logistics of outdated extended warranty providers. Extend has your back. Pay one flat rate at checkout and Extend will work directly with us to get your product replaced quickly should it fail. We believe that when things stop working, getting a replacement should be seamless and simple.
Protect Your Investment
Ensure that you will have the security you need for years to come.
Plans cover mechanical and electrical failure, power surges, and more.
No additional costs for parts, labor, or shipping if a repair or replacement is needed.
Shipping Protection Now Available
Protect against lost, stolen, or damaged packages with Extend Shipping Protection. Add this service during the checkout process for a nominal fee. If there is a shipping issue for your order, you can instantly redeem a replacement product through Extend’s claims portal.
FAQ: Extended Warranty Plans
What is an Extend Protection Plan?
The Extend Protection Plan begins when the manufacturer’s warranty ends and protects against mechanical or electrical breakdown, including those experienced during normal wear and tear as well as those caused by a direct result of a power surge. This plan does not cover accidental damage.
How many times can I use the Extend Protection Plan?
The Extend Protection Plan is a single replacement program that allows for a 1-time replacement of a like or comparable product should it become defective.
How can I purchase an Extend Protection Plan?
A protection plan can be purchased through Lorex online or through their customer care team over the phone.
Can I add a protection plan after purchasing a product?
Yes! You can add a protection plan to your eligible product up to 30 days prior to the expiration of your manufacturer warranty. For example, if your product has a 12-month
manufacturer warranty, you can add an Extend protection plan up to 11 months after purchase (or one month before its expiration date), making sure your product is
protected for years to come.
To add a protection plan, please sign in to your Lorex account and find the order on the "My Orders" page. Eligible products will have a "Add an extended warranty with Extend" button, where you can add the warranty plan to the shopping card and complete the purchase
What are the benefits of an Extend Protection Plan?
Extend provides peace of mind and financial protection should there be a mechanical or electrical breakdown, normal wear and tear, or breakdown caused by power surge with your product even after the manufacturer’s warranty ends. Extend is a reliable service that makes purchasing and filing claims on protection plans easy through an easy-to-use online portal and great customer experience team.
What products are covered?
The Extend team works with Lorex to identify all eligible products and match them to a warranty plan.
What do I need when I need to utilize my Extend Protection Plan?
Please have your contract ID or email address handy in order to file a claim through the Extend Customer Claims Portal or by contacting Extend’s Customer Care Team at 877-248-7707.
If you contact the merchant directly to file the claim, you may be warmly transferred to Extend via phone at 877-248-7707 or may receive assistance to file the claim on your behalf through the Extend Customer Claims Portal.
If a product covered by Extend is replaced under the Manufacturer warranty, does the Extend plan cover the new product?
Yes, the replacement product will continue to be covered under Extend’s protection plan.
Where is my contract ID?
You will receive an email after purchasing a protection plan that details
● Contract ID
● Warranty Term Length
● Coverage Dates
● Product Name
Please contact the Extend Customer Care Team if you do not receive this email at WarrantyOps@Extend.com.
What is the process to file a claim under an Extend Protection Plan?
Extend makes it easy to file a claim either through the call center or the online portal. Below are the steps you will go through to have your item replaced:
● You provide a contract ID, email address, or another piece of identifying information to Extend
● Extend entitles (validates) contract coverage by ensuring:
- The plan is active
- The date is between the Effective & Expiration Dates
● You will then answer a few Adjudication questions
● High-level troubleshooting steps are offered
● Once the claim is approved, a shipping label is generated to ship back the broken product
● Once the shipping label is scanned, we will work with you to replace the broken item
● Extend will be in constant communication with you to ensure satisfactory service have been given
If I experience any complications during the Claims process, what can I do?
Can I cancel my Extend Protection Plan?
If I cancel my Extend plan, what is the refund policy?
Does Lorex share Personal Information with Extend?
FAQ: Shipping Protection
What is Extend Shipping Protection?
Extend Shipping Protection enables merchants to provide customers protection against lost, stolen, or damaged packages during the shipping process. For a nominal fee, customers can add Shipping Protection to their order at checkout. If customers have a shipping issue, they can go to Extend’s digital claims portal, Kaley, to instantly redeem a replacement product.
How can I purchase an Extend Shipping Protection Plan?
An Extend Shipping Protection Plan can be purchased as you are checking out and is added to your entire order. For example, if you purchase five products, you will have one Shipping Protection plan that covers your entire order from being lost, stolen, or damaged during transit.
What are the benefits of an Extend Shipping Protection Plan?
Extend provides peace of mind and financial protection should a customer’s package be lost, stolen, or damaged during transit. Extend is a reliable service that makes purchasing and filing claims on shipping protection plans seamless through an easy-to-use online portal and great customer support team.
What products are covered?
The Extend Shipping Protection Plan covers physical goods shipped within the United States and Puerto Rico. The Extend team works with our partner merchants to identify all eligible products and match them to a shipping protection plan.
What issues can’t be approved?
The Customer will have to contact the merchant for these order issues:
- Items that are backordered.
- Items sent in error by the merchant, like the wrong size, color or wrong item.
- Items missing from the order when the package shows no exterior damage or tampered seal.
- Items with mechanical or electrical defects.
Sometimes packages may not be in transit or delivered, or they may be returned to the sender for various reasons. In these cases, the package is still insured. However, the claim may not be approved for the following reasons:
- If the Customer provided the wrong shipping address on the online order; they should contact the merchant to see if the address can be corrected and rerouted.
- The recipient refused to sign for the package or refused the delivery.
- Packages that are not delivered after multiple attempts by the shipping carrier.
- Packages that are held or redirected at the request of the recipient.
- We also don’t cover claims if they are fraudulent.
When does coverage start and end?
Coverage kicks in when the package has shipped from the merchant. We will receive notice that the package has shipped when the shipping carrier first scans the package. Customers can also typically find this date on the shipping carrier’s tracking site. Please keep in mind that if a shipping label is created, but not yet scanned by the shipping carrier, the coverage hasn’t kicked in. Extend’s coverage ends when one of these things happens:
- Your packages are delivered to your final destination undamaged.
- Your package doesn’t reach its final destination and you file a claim - and that claim is approved or denied.
- For damaged items, your package is covered for damages incurred during the course of shipment and final delivery. You will have 60 days once delivered to file your claim. Any damages incurred after delivery are not covered.
When can the Customer file a claim?
Customers have up to 60 days after the estimated delivery date to file all claims. This claims window is twice as long as other offerings, providing Customers ample time to resolve issues.
- If the package arrives damaged, the Customer can file a claim as soon as it is delivered.
- For damaged items, your package is covered for damages incurred during the course of shipment and final delivery.
- If the Customer’s package is lost or stolen, they can file a claim 5 days after the estimated delivery date. The Customer can typically find this date on the shipping carrier’s tracking site. If the carrier’s tracking page does not show an estimated delivery date or shows “Pending”, they should contact Extend’s support team, and they will help you complete the claim online or by phone at (877) 248-7707.
- We ask the Customer to wait 5 days because packages are sometimes delayed in transit, prematurely marked as delivered or misdelivered but eventually rerouted to the correct destination.
- For example, if the shipping carrier's tracking page shows:
- “In Transit” and the date of that last status was 5 days ago, submit a claim.
- “Delivered” and the package hasn’t shown up for 5 days since, submit a claim.
What information do I need to file a claim for my Extend Shipping Protection Plan?
Please have your contract ID or email address handy in order to file a claim through the Extend Customer Claims Portal or by contacting Extend’s Customer Care Team at 1-877-248-7707. If the customer contacts your team directly to file the claim, please kindly transfer them to Extend via phone at 1-877-248-7707 or direct them to file a claim through the Extend Customer Claims Portal.
Where is my contract ID?
Customers will receive an email after purchasing a shipping protection plan that details:
- Contract ID
- Coverage Dates
- Product Name
What is the process to file a claim under an Extend Shipping Protection Plan?
Extend makes it easy for Customers to file a claim either through the call center or the online portal. Below are the steps the customer will go through:
- information to Extend.
- Extend entitles (validates) contract coverage by ensuring the plan is active.
- The Customer answers a few adjudication questions about the item (ex: was it lost, stolen, or damaged, etc.).
- Once the claim is approved, the Customer will receive a confirmation email with a link to purchase a new item on the merchant’s website.
If the Customer experiences any complications during the Extend Claims process, what can they do?
Can I cancel my Extend Shipping Protection Plan?
Yes, you may cancel your coverage and receive a full refund up until the product has shipped. To do so, Customers should contact the Merchant to adjust or cancel their order.