Last updated: January 6th, 2022
Lorex Cookie Notice
What are Cookies?
A "cookie" is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your web browser and uniquely identifies your browser. Similar technologies, such as pixels, web beacons, or clear GIFs, may also be used on our Websites and Apps. For simplicity, all of these technologies will be referred to as “cookies” in this Notice
The cookies used by our Websites and Apps do not contain any Personal Information about you, but they may identify your specific computer or mobile device. We do not use non-essential cookies without your permission. Non-essential cookies are cookies that are required for our website to operate and to provide you with the experience that you expect. Cookies collect information on an aggregate basis and in most cases we cannot directly identify you.
Cookies help us collect information so we can better understand how users access and navigate our Websites and Apps. This information helps us develop and improve the design, layout, content and function of our Websites and Apps. It also allows us to prevent fraud and improve our security.
Cookies also help us to remember user preferences, such as your preferred language or username, to give you a better and more convenient experience.
What Types Of Cookies Do We Use?
While some of the cookies on our Websites and Apps are set by us (i.e., first-party cookies), some of the cookies are set by third parties (i.e., third-party cookies). The parties that set third-party cookies, such as marketing cookies, may recognize your device when using our Websites and Apps when you visit other, unaffiliated websites.
The following are the type of cookies our Websites and Apps may have:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with access to our Websites and Apps. These will most often be session cookies that only last as long as you use our Websites and Apps. These cookies cannot be turned off.
- Functional cookies. These cookies remember user choices such as language settings on our Websites and Apps. Without these cookies, certain functionalities on our Websites and Apps may become limited or unavailable, such as your preferences.
- Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to gain access to analytics about the usage of our Websites and Apps so that we can improve the features offered to you. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable data; rather they collect de-identified and aggregated data.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies are used to serve advertisements to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are correctly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
Click to review a full list of cookies we use and the purpose for using each set of cookies.
How Can You Manage Cookie Preferences?
Managing cookies via cookie setting tool on our Websites and Apps
We provide you the opportunity to manage your cookie preferences on the cookie banner displayed to you on our Websites and Apps. You can accept all cookies, decline all but Essential Cookies, or manage your preferences more specifically. Essential Cookies cannot be disabled through this tool, but other Cookies can be enabled or disabled.
Managing cookies via your web browser
Most browsers include settings that allow you to automatically accept or reject cookies or be asked each time whether you wish to accept or reject cookies. If you choose to decline cookies on your browser, you will reject cookies from all websites, not just ours. You may also lose some functionalities on websites if your browser blocks all cookies. The following links may help you get more information on how to manage your cookie settings for your preferred browser:
Cookies by third parties
Where third parties collect information through cookies, such as for targeted advertisements, you can also specifically opt-out of these practices.
- Google Analytics is used to track statistics and user demographics, interests, and behavior on websites. Click here to learn more about how this information may be used, how to control the use of your information, or how to opt-out of the collection and use of your information.
If you choose to disable cookies, some of the features and services on our Websites and Apps may not function properly.
How Often Will We Update This Cookie Notice?
We may seek your consent for cookies again the next time you visit our Websites or Apps if we change the cookies we use.
Do You Have Any Further Questions?