1. Compatible with Lorex 1080p 2MP / 3MP / 4MP PoE HD IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras, please visit www.lorextechnology.com/support.
2. Recording time may vary based on recording resolution & quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
3. Mirror recording requires a second hard drive (not included) to be installed in the NVR. Mirrored hard drive must be as large or larger than the primary hard drive to backup allrecordings. Backup begins from when the mirrored hard drive is installed and configured.
4. Instant playback feature available on one camera at a time during live view (when in quad or multiple live camera viewing mode).
5. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity. Firmware updates are pushed to the NVR automatically over the Internet (available atwww.lorextechnology.com). Always update to the latest software after upgrading the NVR firmware.
6. Requires a high speed internet connection and a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 2Mbps is required for the best video performance. Up to 2 devices may connect tothe system at the same time.
7. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorextechnology.com/support.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners. No claim is made to the exclusive right to use the trademarks listed, other than the trademarks owned by Lorex Corporation. We reserve the right to change models, configurations or specifications without notice or liability. Product may not be exactly as shown. Images are simulated.
At the forefront of network security, the NR8163 network video recorder (NVR) supports 2K extreme HD resolution on all 16 channels. Never miss the vital details you need with top-quality image resolution and smooth on-screen movement. The future of home and business do-it-yourself security, the NR8163 Series NVR features a simple and flexible installation that will have your system up and running in no time.
NVR supports up to 16 cameras
Double the resolution of HD 1080p
Maximum Capacity 4 x 6TB hard drives
Supports 2K extreme HD resolution
The sixteen-channel NR800 Series NVR can record stunning 2K resolution video on every channel. This ability will deliver a new level of detail and clarity when combined with 2K resolution security cameras. 2K resolution will add an increased ability to zoom in on distant objects so you have a better chance of identifying vital details such as faces. This NVR can also support a wide range of our compatible 1080p digital IP security cameras, so you can combine 2K and 1080p security cameras within the same system.
Which Cameras Work with the NR800 NVR?
Our NR800 Series network video recorder (NVR) is compatible with many of Lorex HD and 2K security cameras. Click the button below for the complete list:
Remote mobile viewing with FLIR Cloud™
The NR8163 is compatible with our new hassle-free FLIR Cloud™ connection service. With FLIR Cloud™ connectivity, you can view your security system from virtually anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or computer. With iOS®, Android™ and PC options, your security system will always be at your fingertips. Simply download the free app, scan the NVR’s QR code, and start viewing the live feed (or recorded playback) of all of your cameras. In-app options such as push notifications and instant email alerts for motion-triggered events will keep you up-to-date to any movement caught by your IP security cameras.
IP cameras with PoE cabling for flexible installation
he NR8163 NVR uses power-over-ethernet (PoE) technology - an all-in-one solution that cuts cost and installation time. Simply connect your IP cameras to one of the NVRs 16 integrated PoE ports with a single cable that provides both power and video transmission. This allows you to position your IP cameras where you need them most without the need to have a power outlet nearby. An NVR like this can also incorporate a PoE switch. This not only allows you to decrease the amount of cabling needed for larger installations, it will also open the door to add more cameras to your security system.
Heavy-duty high-efficiency HDD
The 3TB security certified hard drive within the NR8163 can safely store weeks (or even months) of recorded security footage. Engineered for the constant workload required by security monitoring, this HDD can continue to record even while you watch recorded footage. Pre-schedule recording times or adjust the NVR to record at a lower resolution to extend available hard drive space. You can also save storage space by recording only when movement is detected.
Visit our Hard Drive Calculator to estimate your desired specifications.