1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Recording time may vary based on recording resolution and quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
3. Fusion™ capabilities are limited to 2 wireless devices per system. Wireless devices require an available channel on the NVR as well as a sufficient signal between the device(s) and your Wi-Fi router for video streaming. For full details on Wi-Fi cameras compatibility and instructions, visit www.lorex.com/pages/fusion
4. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, and instructions visit www.lorex.com/smarthome
5. Accuracy of Smart Motion Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
6. Compatible with certain Lorex IP and select wireless cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
Protect your home and the people inside of it with this Nocturnal security camera system from Lorex. The cornerstone of this system is an eight-channel N841 Series Network Video Recorder (NVR). Four dome security cameras, both belonging to our Nocturnal product line, then round out this bundle. Along with 4K recording resolution, long range color night vision, extreme weather durability, both sets of these cameras add something special to your security monitoring. All the included security cameras, for example, include a built-in mic for listen-in audio monitoring while the two LNE8974ABW dome security cameras come with a motorized zoom lens that lets you remotely adjust the viewing area and focus. A four camera system like this is perfect for any home, but with four open channels, additional IP cameras can be added to make it adaptable to any type of property.
Wired / Wireless Fusion™
As part of the Lorex Fusion™ collection, you can pair this NVR with additional Lorex Wi-Fi products such as, Wi-Fi cameras, doorbells, and floodlights. For more information, please visit our Fusion Collection Guide and Fusion Support Page.
4K security monitoring
Both sets of Nocturnal security cameras contain an 8.51 MP image sensor that is capable of recording 4K resolution video. This sensor will provide you with exceptionally sharp video that will give you the best chance to capture the distinct details (such as facial features) that you need from a security camera.
4K vs 1080p
4K resolutuion has approximately 4× the amount of pixels as a 1080p security camera. The 4K cameras included here, for example, record at a pixel ratio 3840 x 2160. That's a total of 8,294,400 pixels! A 1080p camera, on the other hand, records at a pixel ratio of 1920 x 1080. That's 2,073,600 pixels, which is 6,220,800 fewer pixels than a 4K security camera. Ultimately, a higher pixel count such as this results in a much higher quality of video, with sharp definitive lines that distinctly outline every object and feature. It also allows for better digital zooms when you need to zoom into your footage. So when you spot something in your footage that you need to zoom in on, specific details will remain legible for longer as you zoom in further and further into the image.
Infrared Night Vision
Say goodbye to grainy nighttime video for good. Nocturnal security cameras are equipped with powerful LED bulbs that emit infrared light in the camera's field of view. Invisible to the naked eye, but not to the camera, this infrared lighting will allow your security camera to see in complete darkness.
Color Night Vision (CNV™)
For an added level of nighttime protection, Nocturnal security cameras can also capture color footage, thanks to our state-of-the art Color Night Vision (CNV) technology. CNV brings extra details to light, such as the color of a car, a person's clothes, and also provides better contrast for enhanced detection.
Enhanced security monitoring with HDR
Differing lighting conditions within the same scene (such as an indoor camera that can see outdoors) is not an issue for your Nocturnal security cameras. They use an HDR (High Dynamic Range) feature that uses the difference between the brightest point and the darkest point of the video to automatically adjust the picture's brightness. This results in optimized, highly-detailed security video in all sections of the frame.
Increased clarity in low-light settings
Nocturnal security cameras deliver clean, accurate video with exceptional clarity and sharpness thanks to their 3D-DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) technology. This feature filters out digital noise from the video, eliminating graininess, as well as any noise caused by motion.
Expanded coverage with listen-in audio
See the details and hear the sounds with all your Nocturnal dome security cameras.* Audio monitoring will open up a whole new layer of security coverage. It will provide you with more information (such as voices) and expand your coverage beyond the camera's field of view.
* Please note, audio recording without consent is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Lorex Corporation assumes no liability for use of its products that does not conform with local laws.
4× optical zoom security camera
The LNE8974ABW Nocturnal security cameras come with a unique zoom lens. Otherwise known as a motorized varifocal lens, this type of lens enables remote customization of your field of view (and focus). This means that you can either focus on a small area in astonishing detail thanks to the 4× optical zoom or survey a larger scene for maximum coverage. These adjustments can be easily made with your NVR or through our free mobile apps.
All-weather security camera
Feel free to install your Nocturnal security cameras outdoors. They are rated IP67, which is the highest environmental rating available.
140°F | 60°C
-22°F | -30°C
Durable metal camera housing
All the included cameras in this security camera system are housed in high grade aluminum. This means that they can last for years and years, even if they are directly exposed to intense weather conditions.
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home
This system is designed for use with our innovative, hassle-free Lorex Home™ app. With Lorex Home, you can quickly and easily view your security system remotely through your smartphone or tablet. You can also program the app to send you motion-activated push notifications straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times. Simply download the free app, scan the QR code on the DVR and your cameras will appear for you to monitor (or review footage).
PoE technology for simple plug-and-play installation
Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) technology is an all-in-one solution that cuts cost and installation time. A single cable run between your NVR and IP camera provides both power and video transmission so you don't have to install your camera near a plug.
Reliable security-grade hard drive preinstalled
A 2TB security grade hard drive (expandable up to 6TB) comes preinstalled within this NVR. Designed to meet the high workload demands of continuous security monitoring, this heavy-duty hard drive can reliably record weeks (even months) of footage without taking a break. All recorded footage is then safely stored on the hard drive where only you can access it, so there are no surprise fees or monthly cloud subscriptions.
- Record and view video in up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Resolution on all cameras1
- Digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity2
- Expand your security system with up to 8 IP cameras with built-in PoE ports
- Pair your system with up to two Lorex Fusion™ compatible Wi-Fi products such as Wi-Fi cameras, Doorbells, Floodlights, and more3
- Allows for Wi-Fi cameras to record continuously
- Back up continuous video from your Wi-Fi camera(s) to the recorder
- Quickly access your live footage with simple voice commands (compatible with Alexa and Google)4
- Control your Deterrence cameras features with your voice (compatible with Google Assistant only)4
- Support for Smart Motion detection - Get notifications with the Lorex Home™ App when motion is detected from a person or vehicle5
- Use Smart Search to search through recorded footage and filter events for motion detected by a person or vehicle6
- Local built-in security-grade hard drive ensures only you can access your footage
- Max 6TB storage space with no hidden monthly cloud fees
- Heavy-duty hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 monitoring
Each N841A82 Includes:
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.