1. 8MP IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Requires a high speed internet connection and a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 3.5Mbps is required for the best video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorextechnology.com/support
3. Recording time may vary based on recording resolution & quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
4. Compatible with Lorex PoE HD IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras, please visit www.lorextechnology.com/support
5. Mirror recording requires a second hard drive (not included) to be installed in the NVR. Mirrored hard drive must be as large or larger than the primary hard drive to backup all recordings. Backup begins from when the mirrored hard drive is installed and configured.
6. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity. Firmware updates are pushed to the NVR automatically over the Internet (available at www.lorextechnology.com). Always update to the latest software after upgrading the NVR firmware.
This powerful security camera system from Lorex is perfect for your business or office building. It features sixteen 2K resolution (5MP) bullet security cameras and our 16-channel NR900 Series NVR. Innovative Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) technology provides a straightforward installation, giving you professional-grade security without needing professional technicians.
HD NVR supports up to 16 cameras
16 bullet cameras
Maximum night vision range
Expandable up to 16TB
Get enhanced picture quality with 2K (5MP) resolution recording
Expect to see enhanced picture quality and more detail than ever before with this new 5MP security camera by Lorex. The camera's improved image sensor adds a heightened level of detail and clarity to your security footage when compared to 1080p Full HD.
Capture the best images with HDR
These cameras use HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology to ensure every important detail is captured, regardless of the lighting conditions. HDR automatically adjusts the brightness in areas that are either too dark or too over-exposed to decipher details. The result is improved, highly detailed video footage that looks uniform throughout.
See in color through the night
With Lorex's exclusive Color Night Vision™ you'll be able to see full color images in low-light conditions. CNV gives you more detailed video footage and realistic images true to their original form (such as the color of cars or clothes). It also provides increased contrast for easier detection and recognition.
Long-range IR night vision
In regular nighttime conditions that are too dark for CNV to render full-color images, this camera will use it's infrared LEDs to record crisp black and white video footage up to 135ft (40m) away and up to 90ft (27m) in complete darkness.
Weatherproof & cold climate capable
Although this camera is suitable for both indoor and outdoor installation, its IP67 weatherproof rating and aluminum casing means it can withstand pretty much anything, such as heavy snowfall, rain or wind. It has also been tested in temperatures as low as -4°F (-20°C) and as high as 122°F (50°C), ensuring year-round monitoring no matter where you live.
Lorex Cloud app for smartphones and tablets
Connect this NVR to our Lorex Cloud™ app for easy remote monitoring and more. This easy-to-use app allows you to view live and recorded video from your security cameras on your smartphone or tablet for peace of mind no matter where in the world you are. This app will also enable convenient push notifications for motion-triggered events so you can always be in-the-know.
Plug-and-play installation via PoE
Connect IP cameras to the integrated power-over-ethernet (PoE) ports for a truly plug-and-play surveillance experience. Each camera only requires a single ethernet cable to connect it to the NVR thanks to PoE technology. Simply insert one side of the ethernet cable to the camera and the other to the NVR - and your cameras will be ready. This all-in-one cable provides both power to the camera and video transmission up to 300ft / 91m. This means that you do not need to install your security cameras to a power outlet nearby.
Regional motion zones
Our security systems come with motion detection as a standard feature. This allows you to stay on top of things happening around your property. You can also set up motion zones that allow to customize sections of the camera's field of view you want the NVR to alert you of motion in.
Security-grade hard drive
Your NVR comes with a hefty 3TB security grade hard drive. This hard drive is designed for security purposes and can continuously record footage without a break. Your NVR can also customize recording settings to fit your needs. Record up to 4K HD (3840
- Real-time recording up to 8MP on all channels - 4× the detail of 1080p
- Supports industry-leading 4K recording 1
- 16 built in PoE (Power over Ethernet) ports providing video and power over a single Ethernet cable
- Lorex Cloud™ apps for live viewing, playback, video recording & snapshots (iPhone® / iPad® / Android™) 2
- PC and Mac compatible - Lorex Cloud™ video management software gives you complete control over your security systemfrom anywhere 2
- 24/7 security-grade pre-installed hard drive 3
- Expandable high capacity storage up to 16TB (2×8TB HDD)
- Automatically detects compatible IP cameras in the network 4
- 4K video output - view multiple HD channels at once in full resolution on a 4K TV
- H.265 / H.264 video compression offers reduced file size and improved network performance for remote viewing 3
- Mirror hard drive recording - secure your recordings by backing up footage to an internal hard drive at the same time asrecording to the primary hard drive 5
- Pentaplex Operation - view, record, playback, back up & remotely control the system simultaneously
- Click-and-drag digital zoom in live view and playback
- Convenient front panel button controls
- Accurate time stamps with NTP & daylight savings time
- Instant backup of live video to a USB flash drive
- Automatic firmware upgrade over the Internet ensures your system is secure and up-to-date 6
- Push notifications of motion events
- Instant email alerts with snapshot attachment
- Multi-streaming to conserve bandwidth
- Continuous, scheduled, and motion recording
- Dual video outputs (HDMI and VGA) to connect multiple monitors
- HDMI cable included for simple connection to HD amp; 4K TVs
|Operating System||Linux (embedded)|
|Pentaplex||Simultaneous View, Record, Playback, Backup & Remote Monitoring|
|Number of Channels||16Channels|
|Video IN||8ch: 8 PoE, 16/32ch: 16 PoE|
|Audio IN||1 Line IN (RCA) for service only|
|Audio OUT||1 Line OUT (RCA) for service only|
|USB Port||1 at the back, 1 at the front|
|Alarm IN||4 Alarm IN|
|Alarm OUT||2 Alarm OUT|
|Video Output Resolution||3840×2160, 1920×1080, 1280×1024, 1280×720, 1024×768|
|PTZ control||Lorex IP PTZ cameras only|
|Display||8ch: 1/4/8, 16ch: 1/4/8/9/16, 32ch: 1/4/8/9/16/25/36|
|Live Display Speed||8ch: 240fps NTSC / 200fps PAL, 16ch: 480fps NTSC / 400fps PAL, 32ch: 960fps NTSC / 800fps PAL|
|System Navigation||USB Mouse, IR Remote Control, Front Panel Buttons|
|Motion Area Setting||Fixed Grid (22×18)|
|Firmware Upgrade||Automatic over the Internet & via USB device and network|
|User Authority||By user group|
|Time Synchronization||Automatic time sync by NTP server|
|Video Compression||H.264 / H.265|
|Resolution||Up to 4K (3840×2160), 1080p (1920×1080)|
|Record Rate||8ch: 240fps@720p/1080p/3MP/4MP/8MP, 16ch: 480fps@720p/1080p/3MP/4MP/8MP, 32ch: 960fps@720p/1080p/3MP/4MP/8MP|
|Recording Resolution Setting||Per camera for different resolutions|
|Recording Quality Control||6 Levels|
|Recording Schedule||By hour, by day, by recording mode, by motion, by alarm, by channel|
|Pre Recording||Max. 4 Secs|
|Post Recording||Max. 5 Minutes|
|Reliability||Watch-Dog, auto-recovery after power failure|
|Playback Channel||1CH/4CH@4K, 8CH@4MP, 16CH@2MP|
|Playback Speed||Variable Max 16x|
|Playback Players||Backup Player|
|Search||By Time & Event|
|Log Search||Up to 1,000 lines for motion detected, configuration, changes, connects/disconnects and video loss|
|Audio Play||Yes (audio camera required)|
|Storage||Up to 2 HDDs (SATA)|
|Maximum Capacity||Up to 2×8TB (16TB Max)|
|Backup Media||USB Flash Drive & HDD|
|Backup File Format||DAV or ASF File|
|Cloud Connection||Lorex Cloud™|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows™ / Mac OS X|
|Remote Software||Client Software (PC & Mac)|
|Email Notification||Text with snapshot|
|Instant Smart Phone & Tablet||Android™, iPad®, iPhone®|
|DDNS||Free Lorex DDNS|
|System Configuration||Full setup configuration over network|
|Ports||Programmable by User|
|Network Protocol||HTTP, IPv4/IPv6, TCP/IP, UPNP, RTSP, UDP, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, DNS, PPPOE, DDNS, FTP, IP Filter|
|Network Interface||10/100/1000-Base-TX, RJ-45|
|Network Bit Rate||320Mbps total, 48~8192kbps per camera|
|Power Consumption||Approx. 15W (no HDD included)|
|Supply Voltage||100VAC-240VAC, 50/60Hz|
|Total PoE Power Output||130W (Max 25W per Camera)|
|Unit Dimensions (W × D × H)||14.7 × 12.9 × 2.1" / 375 × 327 × 53mm|
|Unit Weight||8ch: 5.1lbs / 2.6kg, 16/32ch: 13.2lbs / 2.7kg|
|Operating Temperature||14° ~ 131°F / -10° ~ 55°C|
|Humidity||10 ~ 90% RH|
Each NR9163 Includes:
1. 8MP IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
- View video with more than twice the resolution of 1080p, ensuring clear and detailed footage, every time
- 96° Field of View (horizontal)
- Cameras automatically adjust to changing light conditions to ensure consistent video quality
- No need to worry about dark areas or glare from sunlight effecting your video clarity, when HDR is turned on
- Experience enhanced nighttime clarity and better video evidence with Color Night Vision™ 1 (ambient lighting required)
- Up to 135ft (41m) IR night vision in low light and 90ft (28m) it total darkness2
- Weatherproof Rated (IP67)
- All-metal housing is built to withstand harsh weather conditions
- Operates in temperatures as low as -4°F (-20°C) and high as 122°F (50°C)
Each E581CB Includes:
1. Color nighttime video typically switches to black & white IR night vision when there is not sufficient ambient light to ensure optimal low-light image quality.
2. Stated IR illumination range is based on ideal conditions in typical outdoor nighttime ambient lighting (up to 90ft/28m in total darkness). Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area and light reflection/absorption.
3. Compatible with select Lorex Network Video Recorders. For a full list of compatible recorders visit: www.lorex.com/compatibility
4. Not intended for submersion in water. Installation in a sheltered area recommended.
* Cable length is dependent on product configuration. See product packaging for details.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners. No claim is made to the exclusive right to use the trademarks listed, other than the trademarks owned by Lorex Corporation. We reserve the right to change models, configurations or specifications without notice or liability. Product may not be exactly as shown. Images are simulated.
Reviews and Q&A
- Opens in a new window.