1. 4K (8MP) Analog HD Cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Accuracy of Smart Motion Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
3. Compatible with certain Lorex analog HD cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
4. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, and instructions visit: www.lorex.com/smarthome
5. HDMI output supports 4K HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the DVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution. This system does not support monitors/video outputs with less than 1080p resolution
The D861A63BW 4K Ultra HD Digital Video Recorder (DVR) is the perfect cornerstone for any house and small business security camera system. Along with sharp 4K recording capabilities and active deterrence security camera support, this DVR features smart motion detection that limits notifications to only people or vehicles. It also includes a 3TB security grade hard drive that keeps your data private and secure with no monthly storage fees. Easily paired with our Lorex Home App for quick remote viewing and other smart home hubs for additional voice-control options, this DVR is built to not only meet, but to exceed, your everyday demands of security monitoring.
DVR supports 16 cameras
Ultra HD resolution
Maximum Capacity 1 × 8TB hard drive
Person and vehicle smart motion detection
This DVR comes with smart person and vehicle detection on all channels that helps identify more important objects that enter the camera's field of view. Thanks to this innovative feature, you will only get a push notification to your Lorex Home app whenever a person or vehicle is detected on your property. This effectively reduces the number of unwanted false alerts caused by moving branches or animals. All recorded motion alerts can easily be reviewed by using the Smart Search function in the Lorex Home mobile app.
Perfect for front doors and entranceways, Face Detection will only notify you of motion events when a face has been detected*. This prevents motion notifications from people or vehicles simply passing by and not coming towards the camera. You can also easily preview all the different faces that the camera has captured for quick reference. You can also review and filter only face detection events in Smart Search.
*Face Detection is only available on up to 2 channels. You cannot enable both Face Detection and Person and Vehicle Detection at the same time. Person and Vehicle Detection must be disabled on all channels for Face Detection to be enabled on a single channel. Face Detection is disabled by default.
This DVR brings your security camera system to the next level with an easy-to-use panic button located on the front of the recorder. By pressing and holding this button you can activate all lights and sirens on your compatible Active Deterrence cameras at one time to deter potential intruders.
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
This feature-rich system is designed for use with our innovative, hassle-free Lorex Home™ app. Using Lorex Home, you can quickly and easily view your security system remotely from your smartphone or tablet and control active deterrence features. Simply download the free app, scan the QR code on the DVR and your cameras will appear for you to monitor (or review footage). You can also program the app to send you motion-activated push notifications straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
Add A Sensor Kit!
The Lorex Sensor Hub also uses the Lorex Home App, allowing you to seamlessly integrate Add-On Sensors into your home security.
*Link individual sensors to another Wi-Fi camera connected to the Lorex Home App. N842, N843, N844, N862, N863, D861, D862, D871 Series recorders also support sensor linking to a wired camera through the Lorex Home App. Lorex Sensor Hub Compatibility
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to you security system with hands-free voice control. Use simple voice commands to activate camera features with Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™. Use it with Chromecast or Firestick to monitor your security camera footage on a larger screen. You can also download the Lorex Home app on your Apple TV* to view live video in single or multiple feeds, or playback recorded footage. For more information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
*Requires Gen 4 or newer Apple TV with support for App Store
View Your System through Apple TV
Watch your Lorex system in new ways. Don't have an option of hooking up your Lorex recorder directly to your TV? No problem. Simply make sure your Lorex recorder is on the same network as your Apple TV (Gen 4 or newer) and watch your Lorex recorder on your TV through the Lorex Home Apple TV App.
Find what you are looking for quickly with Lorex's Smart Search. Select an area of interest and automatically playback any video footage showing scene changes in that area. Ideal for doorways, drive ways, etc.
HEVC / H.265 video compression
This DVR is able to receive HEVC (High Efficiency Video Encoding) or H.265 video compression files. This type of encoding can save up to 40% more space when compared to H.264 Advanced Video Coding. Please note that security cameras with HEVC video compression are required to take advantage of this feature.
Reliable security grade hard drive with no hidden storage fees
Included in the DVR is a built-in, 3TB security-grade hard drive that has been designed to meet the demands of 24/7 surveillance, while also providing ample storage space for all recorded video footage. With the possibility of increasing storage space up to 8TB, there is more than enough room to safely store all motion events that only you can access.
You don't have to worry about storage management with this DVR. It is designed to automatically overwrite the oldest data with the newest data when the hard drive becomes full. This means that you will never run out of storage space. Just make sure to save any important footage before it gets overwritten.
With or without the internet
This DVR can be used without being connected to the internet. This means that your data can only be accessed directly from your DVR. However, an internet connection is required to enable remote viewing, motion push notifications, and to download the latest firmware updates.
- Record and view video up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD resolution1
- Digitally zoom in up to 8× on distant objects for better clarity
- Capable of recording up to 4K (8MP) resolution on all cameras
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with Smart Motion Detection2
- Get push notifications with the Lorex Home™ App when motion is detected from a person or vehicle
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- A panic button is located on the recorder to activate deterrence features on compatible cameras3
- Local built-in security grade hard drive ensures only you can access your footage
- Supports up to an 8TB hard drive with no hidden monthly cloud fees
- Hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 monitoring
- Quickly access your live footage with simple voice commands (compatible Alexa and Google)4
- Control your Deterrence cameras features with your voice (compatible with Google Assistant only)
- View live or recorded video directly on your smartphone or TV with smart home compatibility (Compatible with Apple TV and Chromecast)
Each D861B Series Includes:
1. 4K (8MP) Analog HD Cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners. No claim is made to the exclusive right to use the trademarks listed, other than the trademarks owned by Lorex Corporation. We reserve the right to change models, configurations or specifications without notice or liability. Product may not be exactly as shown. Images are simulated.
Apple, the Apple logo and AppleTV are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google, Google Home, Google Play, Google Play logo, Google Assistant logo and Chromecast are trademarks of Google Inc.
Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.