1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Advanced Person/Vehicle Motion Detection can be enabled on up to 8 channels at once. General motion detection will still be available on all remaining channels.
3. Accuracy of Advanced Person and Vehicle Motion Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
4. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, and instructions visit www.lorex.com/smarthome
5. Accessing your security system remotely requires a high-speed Internet connection. Ensure your NVR has a wired connection to a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 5Mbps is recommended for reasonable video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
6. Compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
7. HDMI output supports 4K HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the NVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution.
8. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity.
Record and view impressive 4K video resolution with a cutting-edge recorder, providing you with superior detail and definition. When paired with Smart IP cameras featuring smart person and vehicle detection, this recorder can send motion triggered push notifications caused only by people or vehicles. This provides only the most relevant motion alerts. Use the Smart Search feature to filter motion events by area, time/date and person or vehicle, saving you time when reviewing footage. With convenient smart home and voice control compatibility, remote viewing, and smart motion detection, this recorder's quality and performance is unmatched.
NVR supports up to 16 cameras
Ultra high definition resolution
Maximum Capacity 2 × 8TB hard drive
Lorex Home™ APP
Person and vehicle smart motion detection
This NVR supports cameras that feature advanced person and vehicle detection on up to 8 channels which helps identify more important objects that enter the camera's field of view. Thanks to this innovative feature, you will only get a push notification and image screenshot to your Lorex Home app whenever a person or vehicle is detected on your property. This effectively reduces the number of unwanted false alerts caused by moving branches or animals. All recorded motion alerts can easily be reviewed by using the Smart Search function in the Lorex Home mobile app.
Compatible with Active Deterrence Cameras
This NVR works with select active deterrence cameras. This means you can add cameras that feature both motion-activated LED warning lights, which can be customized to be manually activated, triggered by motion or always on, and a remote-triggered siren that you can control from your Lorex Home app. When the camera sensors detect motion, the system will send a notification directly to your phone, allowing you to remotely access the camera and set off a loud warning alert.
This NVR brings your security camera system to the next level with an easy-to-use panic button located on the front of the recorder. By pressing and holding this button you can activate all lights and sirens on your compatible Active Deterrence cameras at one time to deter potential intruders.
Supports a full range of IP cameras
This NVR is compatible with our full range of IP security cameras. This includes all 2MP, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, and 8MP IP cameras.
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
Use our innovative, hassle-free Lorex Home™ app to quickly and easily view your security system remotely from your smartphone or tablet. Simply download the free app, scan the QR code on the NVR and your cameras will appear for you to monitor (or review footage). You can also program the app to send you motion-activated push notifications with screenshot attachments straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to your security system with hands-free voice control. This recorder is compatible with Amazon Alexa™, Google Assistant™, as well as Apple TV* and Chromecast™. By using simple voice commands, you can activate camera features and access live or recorded footage directly on your smart TV, and more. For more information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
*Requires Gen 4 or newer Apple TV with support for APP Store
View your system through Apple TV
Watch your Lorex system in new ways. Don't have an option of hooking up your Lorex recorder directly to your TV? No problem. Simply make sure your Lorex recorder is on the same network as your Apple TV (Gen 4 or newer) and watch your Lorex recorder on your TV through the Lorex Home Apple TV App.
Experience the 4K difference
With 4K resolution, nothing is left to the imagination. The higher number of pixels (3840 × 2160 as opposed to 1920 × 1080) gives your video footage superior detail and definition, and clearly outlines the distinct features of objects that appear on camera while maintaining realistic color representation. Having more than 8 million pixels also prevents the distortion or blurring of the image when using the digital zoom.
Find what you are looking for quickly with Lorex's Area Search. Select an area of interest to easily playback any video footage showing scene changes in that area or filter by specific motion events to view only the type of motion (ie. Person/Vehicle) that you are interested in viewing. Ideal for doorways, drive ways, etc.
HEVC / H.265 video compression
This NVR is able to receive HEVC (High Efficiency Video Encoding) or H.265 video compression files. This type of encoding can save up to 40% more space when compared to H.264 Advanced Video Coding. Please note that IP security cameras with HEVC video compression are required to take advantage of this feature.
Reliable security grade hard drive with no hidden storage fees
Included in the NVR is a built-in, security-grade hard drive that has been designed to meet the demands of 24/7 surveillance, while also providing ample storage space for all recorded video footage.
Two storage bays
This NVR comes with two separate hard drive bays. Each of which can be upgraded with a hard drive up to 8TB, giving you the potential for a total of 16TB's of storage space. You can also use the second hard drive to record videos in parallel with the primary hard drive. This way, the footage is automatically backed up if the recording hard drive fails
With or without the internet
This NVR can be used without being connected to the internet. This means that your data can only be accessed directly from your NVR. However, an internet connection is required to enable remote viewing, motion push notifications, and to download the latest firmware updates.
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with advanced motion detection6
- Get push notifications when motion from a person or vehicle is detected (available on up to 8 channels)3
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- A panic button is located on the recorder to activate all lights and sirens on your cameras6
- 2 bay hard drive with up to 2 × 8TB of storage space with no hidden monthly fees
- Local built-in security grade hard drive
- Heavy-duty hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 monitoring
- Record and view video in up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD resolution on all cameras
- View live footage in up to 15fps and digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity
- Quickly access footage and features with simple voice commands (Compatible with: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)4
- View live or recorded video directly on your TV with smart home compatibility (Compatible with: Apple TV and Chromecast)4
Each N861 Includes:
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
Apple, the Apple logo and AppleTV are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google, Google Home, Google Play, Google Play logo, Google Assistant logo and Chromecast are trademarks of Google LLC.
Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.