Get FREE standard shipping on orders over $100
This 8-camera Active Deterrence security camera system from Lorex is designed to prevent incidents before they happen. Perfect for outdoor monitoring, active deterrence cameras will make sure any unwanted visitors are stopped in their tracks thanks to motion activated LEDs. If that's not enough, you can use your phone to trigger a siren. This system includes our eight-channel D862 Series 4K Ultra HD Digital Video Recorder (DVR), which features smart person, vehicle and face motion detection and a 2TB hard drive to store video data.
4K DVR can support up to 8 cameras
8 × 4K Active Deterrence cameras
Maximum night vision range
Maximum capacity 1 × 8TB hard drive
Picture perfect ultra HD security camera
See more and know more, with superior definition and detail. The main reason to purchase a security camera is to capture useful evidence should an incident ever occur on your property. This 4K camera will do just that. It is capable of recording a 4K pixel resolution of 3840 × 2160 - that's 4× the amount of pixels of 1080p. This heightened resolution will produce stunningly detailed video providing definitive footage/evidence, should you need it. It will also allow for a greater digital zoom so you can see further into the distance.
See the world in 4K
4K is the highest quality available for home security systems and this powerful DVR can record 4K (8MP) resolution video on all channels. The higher pixel count, when compared to 1080p, results in superior detail and definition with realistic color representation, so that objects in video are clearly outlined and easily identifiable, no matter how big or small.
Properly greet uninvited guests with active deterrence
Security camera systems are becoming increasingly active when it comes to protecting your property. With this security camera, you get two additional ways to scare off would-be intruders. First, there is a bright LED warning light that can be triggered when motion is detected, which also has a strobe light setting. Second, there is a remote-triggered siren that is designed to stop trespassers right in their tracks. When motion is detected within the sensor range, the system sends an alert to your smartphone, allowing you to remotely access the camera and set off an intruder alert to deter crime.
Color Night Vision
With Lorex's exclusive Color Night Vision™ you'll be able to see full color images in low-light conditions. CNV gives you more detailed video footage and realistic images true to their original form (such as the color of cars or clothes). It also provides increased contrast for easier detection and recognition.
Install this durable security camera wherever you need it most - indoors or outdoors. It is manufactured to be fully weatherproof (rated IP67), so you can count on all-season security monitoring that never stops working.
131°F | 55°C
-40°F | -40°C
Smart Motion Detection
Only be notified of the most important moments with Smart Motion Detection.
Face Detection and Recognition
Perfect for front doors and entranceways, Face Detection and Recognition (available on two channels) will only notify you of motion events when a familiar face has been detected. This prevents motion notifications from people or vehicles simply passing by and not coming towards the camera. You can also easily preview all the different faces that the camera has captured for quick reference on the DVR. You can also review and filter only face detection events in Smart Search.
Person and Vehicle Detection
Smart Person and Vehicle Detection (available on all channels) helps identify more important objects that enter the camera's field of view. Thanks to this innovative feature, you will only get a push notification whenever a person or vehicle is detected on your property. This effectively reduces the number of unwanted false alerts caused by moving branches or animals. Recorded motion alerts can easily be reviewed by using the Smart Search function.
Virtual Fence (Perimeter Protection)
Expand the detection range beyond what your cameras can provide. Create a fence line or a specific area and be notified if the line is crossed or the area is breached.1
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
This DVR is designed for use with our innovative Lorex Home™ app. Using this app, you can quickly view your security system remotely and control camera features from your smartphone. The app will also send you motion-activated push notifications straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
Add A Sensor Kit!
The Lorex Sensor Hub also uses the Lorex Home App, allowing you to seamlessly integrate Add-On Sensors into your home security.
*Link individual sensors to another Wi-Fi camera connected to the Lorex Home App. N842, N843, N844, N862, N863, D861, D862, D871 Series recorders also support sensor linking to a wired camera through the Lorex Home App. Lorex Sensor Hub Compatibility
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to your security system by connecting it to your other Smart Home devices. Use simple voice commands to activate camera features with Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™. Use it with Chromecast or Firestick to monitor your security camera footage on a larger screen. Or download the Lorex Home app on your Apple TV* to view live video in single or multiple feeds. For more information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
*Requires Gen 4 or newer Apple TV with support for App Store
Stop events before they happen. An easy-to-use panic button located on the front of the recorder will activate all lights and sirens on your compatible Active Deterrence cameras to deter potential intruders.
Find what you are looking for quickly with Lorex's Smart Search. Select an area of interest and automatically playback any video footage showing scene changes in that area. Ideal for doorways, drive ways, etc.
In the event that a camera is facing an area that you do not want recorded, simply activate the privacy masking feature to draw a square around the spot(s) you don't want the camera to record.
HEVC / H.265 video compression
This DVR is able to receive HEVC (High Efficiency Video Encoding) or H.265 video compression files. This type of encoding can save up to 40% more space when compared to H.264 Advanced Video Coding.
Reliable security grade hard drive with no hidden storage fees
Included in the DVR is a built-in security-grade hard drive that has been designed to meet the demands of 24/7 surveillance recording. With the possibility of increasing storage space up to 8TB, there is more than enough room to safely store all motion events that only you can access.
You don't have to worry about storage management with this DVR. It is designed to automatically overwrite the oldest data with the newest data when the hard drive becomes full.
- Record and view video up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD resolution on all cameras
- Digitally zoom in up to 8x on distant objects for better clarity
- Local built-in security-grade hard drive ensures only you can access your footage
- Supports up to an 8TB hard drive with no hidden monthly cloud fees
- Heavy-duty hard drive designed to handle the workload of 24/7 monitoring
- Receive notifications when a person, vehicle or a person's face is detected on your property from the Lorex Home™ app
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- A panic button is located on the recorder to activate deterrence features on compatible cameras2
- Quickly access your live footage with simple voice commands (compatible Alexa and Google)3
- Control your Deterrence cameras features with your voice (compatible with Google Assistant only)
- View live or recorded video directly on your smartphone or TV with smart home compatibility (Compatible with Apple TV and Chromecast)
Each D862 Series Includes:
- Virtual Fence is available on up to 2 channels only. Smart Motion Detection can not be enabled on the same channel when a single channel is enabled. To enabled Virtual Fence on 2 channels, Smart Motion Detection must be disabled on all channels.
- Compatible with select Lorex cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
- Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available.
- Recording time may vary based on recording resolution and quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
- Accuracy of Smart Motion Detection or Person and Vehicle Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object
Reviews and Q&A
- Opens in a new window.