1. Requires a high-speed internet connection and a router (not included) for remote access. A minimum upload speed of 3.5Mbps is required for the best video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect tothe system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit: www.lorex.com/support
2. Recording time may vary based on recording resolution & quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
3. Compatible with select Lorex Analog HD cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
4. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity.
5. Advanced Person/Vehicle Motion Detection can be enabled on up to 2 channels at once. General motion detection will still be available on all remaining channels. Accuracy of Person/Vehicle Advanced Motion detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera.
6. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, instructions visit: www.lorex.com/smarthome
7. HDMI output supports 1080p HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the DVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution.
8. AppleTV™ or Chromecast™ need to be connected to the same network as your recorder. Requires AppleTV Gen 4 or newer with Lorex Home Apple TV APP or Chromecast™ device connected to the TV that you want to view the system on.
Whether you're upgrading an existing video recorder or thinking of purchasing a whole new Analog HD system, this latest Digital Video Recorder by Lorex meets all the demanding needs of modern-day security. Features such as 1080p HD recording resolution produce visually accurate video footage. This DVR also features advanced person/vehicle detection and smart home compatibility, which allows you to combine active security with the convenience of hands-free voice control.
DVR supports 8 cameras
Maximum Capacity 1 × 8TB hard drive
Lorex Home™ App
Advanced motion detection
Be alerted when motion is detected on your property with advanced motion detection capabilities. This system features person/vehicle detection on up to 2 channels to reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms. Important motion events that are recorded can easily be found using the Smart Search feature, which organizes events by type (e.g. person/vehicle motion vs. general motion, etc.).
This DVR brings your security camera system to the next level with an easy-to-use panic button located on the front of the recorder. By pressing and holding this button you can activate all lights and sirens on your compatible Active Deterrence cameras at one time to deter potential intruders.
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
This feature-rich system is designed for use with our innovative, hassle-free Lorex Home™ app. Using Lorex Home, you can quickly and easily view your security system remotely from your smartphone or tablet and control active deterrence features. Simply download the free app, scan the QR code on the DVR and your cameras will appear for you to monitor (or review footage). You can also program the app to send you motion-activated push notifications and email alerts with screenshot attachments straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to you security system with hands-free voice control. Use simple voice commands to activate camera features with Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™. Use it with Chromecast or Firestick to monitor your security camera footage on a larger screen. You can also download the Lorex Home app on your Apple TV* to view live video in single or multiple feeds, or playback recorded footage. For more information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
*Requires Gen 4 or newer Apple TV with support for App Store
View Your System through Apple TV
Watch your Lorex system in new ways. Don't have an option of hooking up your Lorex recorder directly to your TV? No problem. Simply make sure your Lorex recorder is on the same network as your Apple TV* (Gen 4 or newer) and watch your Lorex recorder on your TV through the Lorex Home Apple TV App.
See the world in Full HD
See the details you need with this 1080p HD DVR from Lorex. It can record stunningly clear 1080p HD resolution video on every channel. You can also choose to record in 720p HD resolution to capture full 30 frames-per-second video. This high frame rate provides real-time motion, ensuring you don't miss the best moments.
Find what you are looking for quickly with Lorex's Smart Search. Select an area of interest to easily playback any video footage showing scene changes in that area or filter by specific motion events to view only the type of motion (ie. Person/Vehicle) that you are interested in viewing. Ideal for doorways, drive ways, etc.
HEVC / H.265 video compression
This DVR is able to receive HEVC (High Efficiency Video Encoding) or H.265 video compression files. This type of encoding can save up to 40% more space when compared to H.264 Advanced Video Coding. Please note that security cameras with HEVC video compression are required to take advantage of this feature.
Reliable security grade hard drive with no hidden storage fees
DVRs such as this are capable of working 24/7 without a break. Thankfully, so is the hard drive within it. Lorex uses security certified hard drives that are manufactured specifically to meet the high workload demands of continuous security monitoring. This means that you can rely on this professional grade hard drive to safely store weeks (or even months) of security footage. It is also possible to manually upgrade the hard drive within the DVR to a hard drive up to 8TB in size. There are no surprise fees or monthly cloud subscription necessary because all recorded footage is safely stored on the built-in 2TB hard drive. Local storage also means that all your recordings are secure since only you can access your footage.
You don't have to worry about storage management with this DVR. It is designed to automatically overwrite the oldest data with the newest data when the hard drive becomes full. This means that you will never run out of storage space. Just make sure to save any important footage before it gets overwritten.
With or without the internet
This DVR can be used without being connected to the internet. This means that your data can only be accessed directly from your DVR. However, an internet connection is required to enable remote viewing, motion push notifications, and to download the latest firmware updates.