You are now leaving Lorex.com. Would you like to continue to Lorex’s For Business website?
Find an Installer Program
Client Terms and Conditions
Please read these Find an Installer Terms and Conditions (“the Agreement") carefully before using Lorex’s Find an Installer program (“the Program”) . This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions between you, the client (“You” or “Client”) and Lorex Technology Inc (“Lorex”) that govern Your use of the Program.
- 2. Program Description: The Program is designed to help clients locate an installer for security products through a standardized form. It acts as a platform that connects clients with independent installers who offer installation services for security products.
- 3. Eligibility: You must be at least 18 years old to use the Program. By using this Program., You represent and warrant that You are at least 18 years old and have the legal capacity to enter into this Agreement.
4. User Obligations:
4.1 Accuracy of Information: You must provide accurate and up-to-date information when using the Program especially when filling out the request form. Any misleading or false information may result in the termination of Your access to the Lorex Business Hub.
4.2 Compliance with Laws: You agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and third-party rights when using the "Program. You are solely responsible for ensuring that Your use of the Program does not violate any applicable laws or infringe upon the rights of others.
5. User-Installer Relationship:
5.1 Independent Contractors: The installers listed on the Lorex Business Hub are independent contractors and not employees, agents, or representatives of Lorex or its owners. Lorex does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, omissions, or services provided by the installers.
5.2 No Guarantee of Services: Lorex does not guarantee the availability, quality, or suitability of the installers or the services they provide. It is Your responsibility to evaluate the installers and their services before making any decisions.
- 7. Intellectual Property: The Program and all related materials, including but not limited to the search form, logos, and content, are protected by intellectual property rights owned by Lorex or its licensors. You agree not to copy, modify or distribute installer information based on the Program or its materials without the prior written consent of Lorex.
- 8. Acknowledgement & Waiver: You acknowledge, agree, and understand that Lorex is not a party to the relationship or any dealings between You and the installer. Without limitation, You are solely responsible for: (a) determining the suitability of the installer: (b) negotiating, agreeing to, and executing any terms or conditions with the installer; and (c) paying for the installation services. Lorex does not make any representations about or guarantee the truth or accuracy of any installers’ or other user content on the Lorex Business Hub; does not verify any feedback or information provided by users about installers or Clients; and does not perform background checks on or guarantee the work of installers. You acknowledge, agree, and understand that Lorex does not, in any way, supervise, direct, control, or evaluate installers or their work and is not responsible for any installation project. Lorex makes no representations about and does not guarantee, and You agree not to hold Lorex responsible for, the quality, safety, or legality of the services provide by an installer; or the ability of installers to deliver services.
9. Limitation of Liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, Lorex and its owners shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, data, or business opportunities arising out of or in connection with the use of the Program.
EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO GROSS NEGLIGENCE, WILFUL MISCONDUCT, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY IN NO EVENT SHALL LOREX’S LIABILITY FOR ANY MATTER OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE TOTAL THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR INSTALLATION SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE PROGRAM IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION APPLIES NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- 10. Modification of Terms: Lorex reserves the right to modify or amend this Agreement at any time. The modified Agreement will be effective immediately upon posting. It is Your responsibility to review the Agreement periodically to stay informed about any changes.
- 11. Termination: Lorex reserves the right to suspend or terminate Your access to the Lorex Business Hub and the Program at any time and for any reason, without notice or liability.
- 12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario, Canada. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Toronto, Ontario.
By using the Program, You acknowledge that You have read, understood, and agree to be bound by this Agreement.
Last updated: 17 August 2023