Smart, active, and bright - the latest Indoor/Outdoor Wi-Fi Security Camera from Lorex delivers everything you need in a home security camera. As a stand-alone security solution that does not require a recorder, this camera is a quick, but invaluable, asset to help you protect your home. It is easily connected to our Lorex Home App, which serves as its central hub for remote connectivity and customization of features such as smart person and vehicle detection, as well as the active deterrence light. This camera is also our first Wi-Fi security camera to feature our exclusive Color Night Vision™ technology to add an extra level of detail during the night. Other features such as full 1080p HD resolution, two-way audio, a deterrent siren, and a tough weather resistant housing make this camera the complete package. It can also be connected with Amazon Alexa and Google Home devices for convenient voice control access.
As always with Lorex, there are no additional costs beyond purchase of this Wi-Fi security camera. It comes with local surveillance-grade microSD storage so your data stays with you and is never stored on a cloud. So whether you are looking to add a little security to your home or just want to see when your kids get home from school, you can trust this home monitoring security camera to keep an eye on the things that matter most.
Color Night Vision
This camera features our revolutionary Color Night Vision™ (CNV) technology, which will produce full-color video with the help of external lighting around the camera. In regular nighttime conditions that are too dark for CNV to render full-color images, this camera will use it's infrared LEDs to record black and white video footage up to 50ft (15m) away.
Take control of your safety with active deterrence features such as a remote-triggered siren and a motion-activated LED warning light. The LED warning light can be manually enabled or customized to only be activated when a person or vehicle is detected. The remote-triggered siren is activated directly from your smartphone. So when a motion alert is sent to your phone, you can turn on the siren to deter unwanted guests from your property.
Smart Motion Detection
Thanks to the camera's person and vehicle detection capability, you'll avoid unwanted or false notifications. This camera has been designed to distinguish movement detected by either people or vehicles, limiting unnecessary alerts to your smartphone or tablet.
Lorex Home App
Download the Lorex Home app to keep tabs on your property from the palm of your hand. Use the app to configure camera settings, view live or recorded footage, activate the siren and more. This app also features easy-to-read event timelines and SmartZone Grids to remove any motion notifications from unwanted areas.
Built for the Outdoors
With an IP65 weather-resistant rating, this Wi-Fi camera can be safely installed both indoors and outdoors. To maximize results, it is recommended to place the camera in a sheltered location.
Dual Band Wi-Fi
This Wi-Fi camera works on both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequencies, which means that it can easily be connected to your Wi-Fi without having to alter your router settings.*
*Some channels on the 5GHz Wi-Fi band are restricted in Canada. This means certain Wi-Fi networks may not be available to connect to during setup.
Get the most out of your security camera with 2-way audio. The built-in microphone and speaker allows you to use your smartphone or tablet to communicate to anyone at the other end of the camera. This is perfect for meeting people at doors or deterring any unwanted guests.
Wide Angle Field of View
Equipped with wide angle lens, this Wi-Fi camera is designed for doorways or wide entranceways within the house or property. With its 129° diagonal field of view, this camera capture a larger scene with more details.
HEVC / H.265 Encoding
This Wi-Fi camera is equipped with HEVC (High-Efficiency Video Encoding or H.265) video compression. This encoding technology efficiently compresses file sizes. In fact, it can compress file sizes up to 50% more than files using the previous encoding technology (H.264), without any noticeable degradation in quality. HEVC encoding will also save you plenty of bandwidth while watching live or recorded video remotely.
Smart home compatibility
Get fast access to you Wi-Fi camera with hands-free voice control. Use simple voice commands to activate camera features with Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™. Use it with Chromecast or Firestick to monitor your security camera footage on a larger screen. You can also download the Lorex Home app on your Apple TV* to view live video in single or multiple feeds, or playback recorded footage. For more information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
*Requires Gen 4 or newer Apple TV with support for App Store
- Smart Motion distinguishes movement detected by either people or vehicles, limiting unnecessary alerts1
- The Lorex Home™ app sends you motion notifications ensuring you don't miss a thing
- Experience enhanced nighttime clarity and better video evidence with Color Night Vision™2
- When light is limited, take advantage of 50 ft (15 m) IR night vision3
- Quickly access footage and features with simple voice commands (compatible with: Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™)4
- View live or recorded video from your smartphone with the Lorex Home™ app (compatible with: Apple TV™)4
- Local microSD storage, expandable up to 256 GB
- Motion-activated LED warning light can be manually enabled or customized to only be triggered when a person or vehicle is detected
- Deter uninvited guests with remote activated siren
- Built-in mic and speaker allows you to listen and speak to visitors with 2-way talk5
Each W282CAD-E Camera Includes:
1. Accuracy of Person and Vehicle Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
2. Color nighttime video typically switches to black & white IR night vision when there is not sufficient ambient light to ensure optimal low-light image quality.
3. Stated IR illumination range is based on ideal conditions in typical outdoor nighttime ambient lighting (up to 50ft/15m in total darkness). Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area and light reflection/absorption.
4. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, instructions visit: www.lorex.com/smarthome
5. Audio recording is disabled by default. Audio recording without consent is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Lorex Technology does not assume liability for any use of its product that fails to conform with local laws.
*A 10ft power extension cable is included with the power adapter (9.5ft), giving you a total of 19.5ft power cable. Use of multiple extension cable is not allowed.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners. No claim is made to the exclusive right to use the trademarks listed, other than the trademarks owned by Lorex Corporation. We reserve the right to change models, configurations or specifications without notice or liability. Product may not be exactly as shown.
Apple, the Apple logo and AppleTV are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google, Google Home, Google Play, Google Play logo, Google Assistant logo and Chromecast are trademarks of Google Inc.
Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.