1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Accuracy of Advanced Person and Vehicle Motion Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
3. Accessing your security system remotely requires a high-speed Internet connection. Ensure your NVR has a wired connection to a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 5Mbps is recommended for reasonable video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
4. Compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
5. HDMI output supports 4K HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the NVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution.
6. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity.
With a 32-channel capacity and real-time (30fps) 4K recording, this professional NVR (Network Video Recorder) is perfect for your business or commercial property no matter how large or small. It will also help reduce the amount of motion notifications with person and vehicle detection, and save plenty of footage thanks to 8TB's of storage space (expandanble up to 20TB). Also included is a 16-channel PoE switch. With 16 PoE ports included on the NVR, this switch allows you to utilize the remaining 16-channels, as well as helping to minimize cabling over long distances. With all of these features, as well as plenty of customizable options, this recorder's quality and performance provides the security you want and need.
NVR supports up to 32 cameras (includes 16-channel PoE switch)
Ultra high definition resolution
Maximum Capacity 2 × 10TB hard drive
Ultra HD 4K resolution recording
Nothing is left to the imagination with 4K resolution. The higher number of pixels (3840 × 2160 compared to 1920 × 1080) gives your video footage superior detail and definition, and clearly outlines the distinct features of objects that appear on camera while maintaining realistic color representation. Having more than 8 million pixels also helps keep vital details visible for longer while digitally zooming in on distant objects.
Real-time 30FPS streaming rate
Record real-time 30fps video on all channels.* This high frame rate provides exceptionally smooth motion to ensure you never miss a moment.
*Not all 8MP (4K) IP security cameras are capable of streaming 4K video at 30fps. Please see your camera's specification for its maximum frame rate.
Person and vehicle motion detection
This NVR comes with advanced person and vehicle detection that helps identify more important objects that enter the camera's field of view. This effectively reduces the number of unwanted false alerts.
*Security cameras featuring Person / Vehicle detection required
Find what you are looking for quickly with Lorex's Area Search. Select an area of interest to easily playback any video footage showing scene changes in that area or filter by specific motion events to view only the type of motion (ie. Person/Vehicle) that you are interested in viewing. Ideal for doorways, drive ways, etc.
Lorex Cloud app for smartphones and tablets
Connect this NVR to our Lorex Cloud™ app for easy remote monitoring and more. This easy-to-use app allows you to view live and recorded video from your security cameras on your smartphone or tablet for peace of mind no matter where in the world you are. This app will also enable convenient push notifications for motion-triggered events so you can always be in-the-know.
Plug-and-play installation via PoE
Connect IP cameras to the integrated power-over-ethernet (PoE) ports for a truly plug-and-play surveillance experience. Each camera only requires a single ethernet cable to connect it to the NVR thanks to PoE technology. Simply insert one side of the ethernet cable to the camera and the other to the NVR - and your cameras will be ready. This all-in-one cable provides both power to the camera and video transmission up to 300ft / 91m. This means that you do not need to install your security cameras to a power outlet nearby.
What is the included PoE switch for?
The 32-channel NVR supports up to 32 security cameras but only has 16 built-in PoE ports on the back. This is why a PoE switch has been included. By connecting this PoE switch to your system you can utilize the remaining open channels.
Supports audio on every channel
This NVR supports audio on every channel with no secondary connections required. Audio is transmitted to the NVR over the same Cat5e/Cat6 Ethernet cable that connects your camera to the NVR.
Supports a full range of IP cameras
This NVR is compatible with our full range of IP security cameras. This includes all 1MP, 2MP, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, 6MP, 7MP and 8MP IP cameras.
Reliable security grade hard drive with no hidden storage fees
Included in the NVR is a 8TB security-grade hard drive that have been designed to meet the demands of 24/7 surveillance, while also providing ample storage space for all recorded video footage.
Two storage bays
This NVR comes with two separate hard drive bays. Each of which can be upgraded with a hard drive up to 10TB, giving you the potential for a total of 20TB's of storage space. You can also use the second hard drive to record videos in parallel with the primary hard drive. This way, the footage is automatically backed up.
Automatic hard drive management
You won't have to lift a finger as the hard drive within the NVR becomes full. It is programmed to automatically overwrite the oldest footage with the newest.
Up to 40% More Storage Capacity
This NVR is able to receive HEVC (High Efficiency Video Encoding) or H.265 video compression files. This feature can save you up to 40% more space when compared to H.264 Advanced Video Coding.
Multiple Recording Modes
Customize this NVR's recording settings to fit your needs. It can record footage continuously, during scheduled times, or only when movement is detected. If you wish to only record motion events, there is no need to worry about missing those first vital moments. This NVR includes a pre-recording function that goes back to record the five seconds before the motion was even detected. Most importantly, all of these recording modes can be customized on a camera to camera bases.
Auto-recovery after power failures
There is no need to worry about your NVR if there is a power failure. It will automatically reboot and start recording again within minutes of regaining power. This NVR also includes a Watchdog feature that continuously monitors the system for potential system errors. If a critical error is ever detected, Watchdog will automatically restart the NVR and start recording again. This restart will help ensure system stability, keep your cameras recording, and prevent future system failures.
Over the Internet Updates
This NVR will automatically update its firmware to the latest available version as long as it is connected to the internet. These free updates will always make sure that your NVR is up-to-date.
- Record and view video up to 4K (8MP) resolution1
- View live footage in up to 30fps and digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity
- 2 hard drive bays with up to 2 × 10TB of storage space
- Security grade hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 recording
- Storage mirroring for continuous back-up of data from one hard drive to another
- Get Motion push notifications when motion from a person/vehicle is detected2
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with advanced motion detection4
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- This NVR system contains a built-in 16-channel capacity
- Increase your surveillance area with adding a POE switch expanding your system up to 32 channels (for model N882A38B)
Each N882A38B-W NVR Includes:
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
- Centralized power distribution - Easy all-in-one PoE switch
- 1 Gigabit rated RJ45/SFP port for fast device/network connection
- High speed transmission of IP surveillance data
- 220W total PoE power budget (up to 30.8W per port)
- Convenient Real-time PoE usage LED indicators