1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Recording time may vary based on recording resolution and quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
3. Fusion™ capabilities are limited to 2 wireless devices per system. Wireless devices require an available channel on the NVR as well as a sufficient signal strength between the device(s) and your Wi-Fi router for video streaming. For full details on Wi-Fi cameras compatibility and instructions, visit www.lorex.com/pages/fusion
4. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, and instructions visit www.lorex.com/smarthome
5. Accuracy of Smart Motion Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection. Compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras only.
6. Compatible with certain Lorex IP and select wireless cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
7. Accessing your security system remotely requires a high-speed Internet connection. Ensure your NVR has a wired connection to a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 5Mbps is recommended for reasonable video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
8. HDMI output supports 4K HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the NVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution.
9. NVR has a total PoE power output of 130w. Different IP cameras have different wattage specifications. Please double check your camera specifications for power consumption (Wattage requirements in order to not exceed the NVRs power output availability of the recorder vwhen adding cameras. Please see compatibility chart.
Record and view impressive 4K video resolution with a heightened level of detail and definition. As part of the Lorex Fusion™ collection you can tailor your security system to your needs by pairing both wired and Wi-Fi cameras of your choice, such as video doorbells, floodlights and sensors. Only receive the most important alerts, thanks to Smart Motion Detection, which can differentiate motion generated from either a person or a vehicle and not for things like weather or swaying branches.
Be confident that your security footage is private and secure with the built-in security grade hard drive - with no hidden monthly fees. Expand your storage, using the dual hard drive bays. With 4K resolution, Fusion™ capabilities, smart home compatibility, expandable storage, and support for Smart Motion Detection - this NVR is designed for your security needs.
HD NVR supports up to 16 cameras
Ultra high definition resolution
Maximum Capacity 2 × 8TB hard drives
Lorex Home™ APP
Experience the 4K difference
This NVR is capable of recording 4K resolution at 15 frames per second. This provides superior clarity and smooth on-screen motion, which will help you capture the details and moments that matter most. A further advantage of 4K recordings is a greater ability to digitally zoom in on distant objects. This is because 4K recordings contain 4× more pixels as 1080p HD resolution. So the image will retain clarity for longer as the digital zoom is applied, giving you a better chance of usable evidence.
Person and vehicle smart motion detection
Smart Motion Detection helps identify more important objects that enter the camera's field of view*. Thanks to this innovative feature, you will only get a push notification to your Lorex Home app whenever a person or vehicle is detected on your property. This effectively reduces the number of unwanted false alerts caused by moving branches or animals. All recorded motion alerts can easily be reviewed by using the Smart Search function in the Lorex Home mobile app.
*Camera models that include Smart Person and Vehicle Detection are required to utilize this feature.
Compatible with Active Deterrence Cameras
This NVR works with select active deterrence cameras. This means you can add cameras that feature both motion-activated LED warning lights, which can be customized to be manually activated, triggered by motion or always on, and a remote-triggered siren that you can control from your Lorex Home app. You can also use the panic button located on the front of the NVR to trigger all deterrence lights and sirens.
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
This feature-rich system is designed for use with our innovative, hassle-free Lorex Home™ app. Using Lorex Home, you can quickly and easily view your security system remotely from your smartphone or tablet and control active deterrence features. You can also program the app to send you motion-activated push notifications straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
Add A Sensor Kit!
The Lorex Sensor Hub also uses the Lorex Home App, allowing you to seamlessly integrate Add-On Sensors into your home security.
*Link individual sensors to another Wi-Fi camera connected to the Lorex Home App. N842, N843, N844, N862, N863, D861, D862, D871 Series recorders also support sensor linking to a wired camera through the Lorex Home App. Lorex Sensor Hub Compatibility
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to you security system with hands-free voice control. Use simple voice commands to activate camera features with Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™. Use it with Chromecast or Firestick to monitor your security camera footage on a larger screen. For more information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
View your system through Apple TV
Watch your Lorex system in new ways. Don't have an option of hooking up your Lorex recorder directly to your TV? No problem. Simply make sure your Lorex recorder is on the same network as your Apple TV (Gen 4 or newer) and watch your Lorex recorder on your TV through the Lorex Home Apple TV App.
Find what you are looking for quickly with Lorex's Area Search. Select an area of interest and automatically playback any video footage showing scene changes in that area. Ideal for doorways, drive ways, etc.
HEVC / H.265 video compression
This NVR is able to receive HEVC (High Efficiency Video Encoding) or H.265 video compression files. This type of encoding can save up to 40% more space when compared to H.264 Advanced Video Coding. Please note that IP security cameras with HEVC video compression are required to take advantage of this feature.
Reliable security grade hard drive with no hidden storage fees
Included in the NVR is a built-in, security-grade hard drive that has been designed to meet the demands of 24/7 surveillance, while also providing ample storage space for all recorded video footage.
Two storage bays
This NVR comes with two separate hard drive bays. Each of which can be upgraded with a hard drive up to 8TB, giving you the potential for a total of 16TB's of storage space. You can also use the second hard drive to record videos in parallel with the primary hard drive. This way, the footage is automatically backed up if the recording hard drive fails.
With or without the internet
This NVR can be used without being connected to the internet. This means that your data can only be accessed directly from your NVR. However, an internet connection is required to enable remote viewing, motion push notifications, and to download the latest firmware updates.
Image resolution comparison
- Record and view video in up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Resolution on all cameras1
- View live footage in up to 15fps and digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity2
- Expand your system with up to two Lorex Fusion™ compatible Wi-Fi products such as Wi-Fi cameras, Doorbells, Floodlights, and more3
- Stream and record continuous video from your Wi-Fi cameras on your recorder with Lorex Fusion™
- Increase the limited Wi-Fi SD-Card storage capacity of pair cameras by taking advantage of recording directly to the NVRs built-in HDD
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with Smart motion detection5
- Get push notifications when motion from a person or vehicle is detected7
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- 2 bay hard drive with up to 2 x 8TB of storage space with no hidden monthly fees
- Local built-in security-grade hard drive
- Heavy-duty hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 monitoring
- Quickly access your live footage with simple voice commands (compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)4
- View live or recorded video directly on your TV with smart home compatibility (Compatible with: Apple TV and Chromecast)
Each N862 Includes:
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
All trademarks belong to their respective owners. No claim is made to the exclusive right to use the trademarks listed, other than the trademarks owned by Lorex Corporation. We reserve the right to change models, configurations or specifications without notice or liability. Product may not be exactly as shown. Images are simulated.
Apple, the Apple logo and AppleTV are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google, Google Home, Google Play, Google Play logo, Google Assistant logo and Chromecast are trademarks of Google LLC.
Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.