1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
2. Accuracy of Advanced Person and Vehicle Motion Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object’s distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
3. Accessing your security system remotely requires a high-speed Internet connection. Ensure your NVR has a wired connection to a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 5Mbps is recommended for reasonable video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
4. Compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
5. HDMI output supports 4K HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the NVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution.
6. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity.
Lorex is proud to introduce industry-leading 4K resolution recording to their extensive line of consumer security products. This Network Video Recorder (NVR) is compatible with IP security cameras from 720p all the way to 4K resolution. It contains a 4TB high capacity security certified hard drives. It can also be connected to our innovative Lorex Cloud app for easy remote monitoring from your smartphone or tablet. A 16-channel PoE switch is also included to utilize all 32-channels. Whether you need it for your home or business, 4K resolution will provide the best chance to capture the specific details you need should an incident occur.
NVR supports up to 16 cameras
Ultra high definition resolution
Maximum Capacity 2 × 10TB hard drive
Ultra HD 4K resolution recording
This NVR is a powerhouse. With 4K resolution, nothing is left to the imagination. The higher number of pixels (3840 × 2160 as opposed to 1920 × 1080) gives your video footage superior detail and definition, and clearly outlines the distinct features of objects that appear on camera while maintaining realistic color representation. Having more than 8 million pixels also prevents the distortion or blurring of the image when using the digital zoom.
Find what you are looking for quickly with Lorex's Area Search. Select an area of interest to easily playback any video footage showing scene changes in that area or filter by specific motion events to view only the type of motion (ie. Person/Vehicle) that you are interested in viewing. Ideal for doorways, drive ways, etc.
Lorex Cloud app for smartphones and tablets
Connect this NVR to our Lorex Cloud™ app for easy remote monitoring and more. This easy-to-use app allows you to view live and recorded video from your security cameras on your smartphone or tablet for peace of mind no matter where in the world you are. This app will also enable convenient push notifications for motion-triggered events so you can always be in-the-know.
Supports a full range of IP cameras
This NVR is compatible with our full range of IP security cameras. This includes all 1MP, 2MP, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, 6MP, 7MP and 8MP IP cameras.
Real-time 30FPS streaming rate
View live footage in up to 30fps.* This high frame rate ensures that you don't miss the best moments.
*Not all 8MP (4K) IP security cameras are capable of streaming 4K video at 30fps. Please see your camera's specification for its maximum frame rate.
Supports audio on every channel
The N881B Series NVR supports audio on every channel with no secondary connections required. Audio is transmitted to the NVR over the same Cat5e/Cat6 Ethernet cable that connects your camera to the NVR. So all you need is a Lorex camera that supports listen-in audio. Audio enabled cameras can enhance your security coverage by providing you with more evidence (such as voices) and can expand your security coverage beyond the camera's field of view (FOV).
Over the Internet Updates
This NVR will automatically update its firmware to the latest available version as long as it is connected to the internet. These free updates will always make sure that your NVR is up-to-date.
Reliable security-grade hard drive preinstalled
A 4TB security grade hard drives (expandable up to 2 × 10TB) come preinstalled within this NVR. Designed to meet the high workload demands of continuous security monitoring, this heavy-duty hard drive can reliably record weeks (even months) of footage without taking a break. All recorded footage is then safely stored on the hard drive where only you can access it, so there are no surprise fees or monthly cloud subscriptions.
Automatic hard drive management
You won't have to lift a finger as the hard drive within the N881B Series NVR becomes full. It is programmed to automatically overwrite the oldest footage with the newest.
Two storage bays
This NVR comes with two separate hard drive bays. Each of which can be upgraded with a hard drive up to 10TB, giving you the potential for a total of 20TB's of storage space. You can also use the second hard drive to record videos in parallel with the primary hard drive. This way, the footage is automatically backed up if the recording hard drive fails
Multiple Recording Modes
Customize this NVR's recording settings to fit your needs. It can record footage continuously, during scheduled times, or only when movement is detected. If you wish to only record motion events, there is no need to worry about missing those first vital moments. This NVR includes a pre-recording function that goes back to record the five seconds before the motion was even detected. Most importantly, all of these recording modes can be customized on a camera to camera bases.
Up to 40% More Storage Capacity
The N881B Series NVR is able to receive HEVC (High Efficiency Video Encoding) or H.265 video compression files. This feature can save you up to 40% more space when compared to H.264 Advanced Video Coding. So go ahead and add one of Lorex's new line of 4K security cameras to your security system. They come equipped with HEVC compression capabilities, which allows you to receive 4x the resolution of 1080p without the large 4K file sizes.
Auto-recovery after power failures
There is no need to worry about your NVR if there is a power failure. It will automatically reboot and start recording again within minutes of regaining power. This NVR also includes a Watchdog feature that continuously monitors the system for potential system errors. If a critical error is ever detected, Watchdog will automatically restart the NVR and start recording again. This restart will help ensure system stability, keep your cameras recording, and prevent future system failures.
Your N881B Series NVR supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), the next generation of the IP address standard. This standard, compared to IPv4, will support 340 trillion, trillion, trillion IP addresses! Eventually, IPv6 will replace IPv4 altogether, but you won't have to worry as your NVR has been engineered to support both types of IP addresses.
With or without the internet
This NVR can be used without being connected to the internet. This means that your data can only be accessed directly from your NVR. However, an internet connection is required to enable remote viewing, motion push notifications, and to download the latest firmware updates.
- Record and view video up to 4K (8MP) resolution1
- View live footage in up to 30fps and digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity
- 2 hard drive bays with up to 2 × 10TB of storage space
- Security grade hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 recording
- Storage mirroring for continuous back-up of data from one hard drive to another
- Get push notifications when motion from a person/vehicle is detected2
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with advanced motion detection4
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- This NVR system contains a built-in 16-channel capacity
- Increase your surveillance area with adding a POE switch expanding your system up to 32 channels (for model N881A38B)
Each N881 Series NVR Includes:
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.