Protect the people and things that matter most with this 1080p HD home security system from Lorex. This system features an 8-channel DVR and 1080p HD weatherproof security cameras. This system also features advanced person/vehicle detection and smart home compatibility, which allows you to combine active security with the convenience of hands-free voice control.
1080p HD video for crisp, detailed footage
Experience the difference that full 1080p HD video makes. Our advanced cameras use standard coaxial cable to carry high definition 1080p (1920×1080) video to your HD DVR. This resolution ensures detailed live viewing and recording that leaves nothing to the imagination.
Person and vehicle smart motion detection
This system supports smart person and vehicle detection on all channels. Thanks to this innovative feature, you will only get a push notification and image screenshot to your Lorex Home app whenever a person or vehicle is detected on your property. This effectively reduces the number of unwanted false alerts caused by moving branches or animals.
Long range night vision
Stay connected to what matters most at all times of day with professional-grade night vision. Our infrared (IR) LEDs provide unparalleled performance in the dark, allowing you to clearly see up to 130ft (40m) away in regular nighttime conditions, and up to 90ft (27m) away in total darkness. The integrated infrared cut filter switches on and off between day and night, ensuring accurate color reproduction in all lighting conditions.
Fully weatherproof for outdoor use
This rugged, weatherproof camera is IP66-rated to ensure protection against all types of bad weather. Be it heavy wind, rain, or snow, we've engineered our cameras to withstand extreme temperatures for use in the most unforgiving of North American climates. These all season security cameras also feature a cable pass-through design that keeps power and video cabling concealed, as well as a durable yet lightweight Polycarbonate housing, to prevent vandalism.
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
This DVR is designed for use with our innovative Lorex Home™ app. Using this app, you can quickly view your security system remotely and control camera features from your smartphone. The app will also send you motion-activated push notifications straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
Add A Sensor Kit!
The Lorex Sensor Hub also uses the Lorex Home App, allowing you to seamlessly integrate Add-On Sensors into your home security.
*Link individual sensors to another Wi-Fi camera connected to the Lorex Home App. N842, N843, N844, N862, N863, D861, D862, D871 Series recorders also support sensor linking to a wired camera through the Lorex Home App. Lorex Sensor Hub Compatibility
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to your security system by connecting it to your other Smart Home devices. Use simple voice commands to activate camera features with Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™. Use it with Chromecast or Firestick to monitor your security camera footage on a larger screen. Or download the Lorex Home app on your Apple TV* to view live video in single or multiple feeds. For more information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
*Requires Gen 4 or newer Apple TV with support for App Store
Single cable camera connection
Each analog security camera comes with a siamese BNC cable that provides video transmission and power to the camera. This cable can be run through walls to give you the flexibility to install the camera where you need it most. A wired video / power connectivity means constant connection to your cameras, so your recording never misses a beat.
- High definition 1080p image sensor1
- Infrared cut filter ensures accurate color representation
- Night vision range up to 130ft (40m) in ambient lighting and 90ft (27m) in total darkness2
- Close up recognition in the dark with SmartIR
- Anti-glare feature ensures clear images under strong lighting conditions
- Clear Night imaging for superior low light performance, improving recording efficiency
- Split glass design minimizes IR reflection
- Versatile ceiling or wall mounting options
- Vandal resistant design with cable pass-through bracket and durable Polycarbonate construction
- Residential and business friendly compact design
- Weatherproof for outdoor & indoor installation (IP66 Rated)3
- Extreme temperature performance (-22° ~ 140°F / -30° ~ 60°C)
Each LBV2531U Includes:
- 1080p HD cameras are compatible with Lorex 1080p HD DVRs only. For a list of compatible recorders please visit www.lorex.com/support.
- Stated IR illumination range is based on ideal conditions in typical outdoor night time ambient lighting and in total darkness. Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area, and light reflection / absorption level of object. In low light, the camera will switch to black and white.
- Not intended for submersion in water. Installation in a sheltered location recommended.
- Capable of recording up to 1080p Full HD Resolution on all cameras1
- Digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with Smart Motion Detection2
- Get smart push notifications when motion from a person or vehicle has been detected
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- A panic button is located on the recorder to activate all lights and sirens with compatible cameras3
- Local built-in security-grade hard drive ensures only you can access your footage
- Supports up to an 8TB hard drive with no hidden monthly cloud fees
- Heavy-duty hard drive designed to handle the workload of 24/7 monitoring
- Quickly access footage and features with simple voice commands (compatible with: Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™)4
- View live or recorded video directly on your TV with smart home compatibility (Compatible with: Apple TV™ and Chromecast™)4
- Get push notifications through the Lorex Home app when motion from a person or vehicle has been detected
Each D242A81B Includes:
- Recording time may vary based on recording resolution & quality, lighting conditions and movement in the scene.
- Requires a high-speed internet connection and a router (not included) for remote access. A minimum upload speed of 7.5Mbps is required for the best video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit: www.lorex.com/support
- Compatible with select Lorex cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
- Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available.
- Accuracy of Smart Motion Detection or Person and Vehicle Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object's distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
- Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure remote connectivity in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, instructions visit: www.lorex.com/smarthome
- HDMI output supports 1080p HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the DVR, as well as TV/ monitor resolution.
- AppleTV™ or Chromecast™ need to be connected to the same network as your recorder. Requires AppleTV Gen 4 or newer with Lorex Home Apple TV APP or Chromecast ™ device connected to the TV that you want to view the system on.